RICHMOND, Va. - Fall is the perfect time of year to enjoy pumpkin spice, pumpkin pie or roasted pumpkin seeds. Today, we make a visit to the virtual Virginia This Morning kitchen with Tammy Brawley for a quick and easy pumpkin cheddar muffins recipe.
Pumpkin Cheddar Muffins
· 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin puree
· 3 T sour cream
· 2 large eggs
· ½ C unsalted butter, melted and cooled
· 2 C a.p. flour
· 1 ½ t baking powder
· ¼ t cayenne pepper
· 1 ½ t salt
· 1 ½ t freshly ground black pepper
· ½ C firmly packed dark brown sugar
· 1 ½ C grated sharp cheddar, divided 1 cup and ½ cup
· 2 T pumpkin seeds, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Lightly spray standard 12-cup muffin tin.
2. In a large bowl of stand mixer, whisk together pumpkin and sour cream. Add eggs and butter and whisk until combined. Switch whisk attachment to beater attachment.
3. In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cayenne pepper, salt, black pepper, and brown sugar.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mixing on low. Blend in 1 cup cheddar cheese.
5. Evenly portion batter into muffin tin and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese and pumpkin seeds. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let muffins cool in tin 10 minutes before removing.