RICHMOND, Va. -- Who says pizza bites can’t be healthy? Paul Laubscher with Safe Catch puts a spin on traditional pizza bites by adding tuna, an immune-boosting superfood. Take a look at how you can put this recipe together at home.
Safe Catch Pizza Bites
• 1 can of Safe Catch Elite Tuna
• 3 large eggs • 3 tbsp tomato paste
• 1 tsp dried parsley
• 1 tsp dried oregano
• 1 tsp dried basil
• 1 tsp garlic powder
• ¼ cup quick oats
• ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 cup grated mozzarella Safe
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly grease a 12-count mini muffin tin. Sprinkle parmesan lightly into muffin cups. 3. Open a can of 5oz Elite Tuna and empty everything into a medium mixing bowl (including the vital oils in the can). Use a fork to flake the tuna.
4. Add eggs, tomato paste, dry spices, quick oats, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and the remaining grated parmesan. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
5. Spoon the pizza bite mixture into the mini muffin tin, about a heaping Tablespoon into each.
6. Bake for 12 minutes, then remove and sprinkle the remaining ½ cup of mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza bites. Bake for an additional 4 - 6 minutes or until the mozzarella is melted or slightly browned.
7. Carefully remove each bite and place it on a cookie rack to cool for 5 minutes before eating.
8. Dive into this delicious, gluten-free, protein-based snack the whole family will love!