RICHMOND, Va. – Aaron Clifton, Managing Partner at Bonefish Grill prepared a delicious grilled swordfish over pumpkin ravioli. The cocktail of the day was a honeycrisp apple martini. Aaron also showcases some other delicious seafood dishes offered at the Bonefish Grill. For more info you can visit https://www.bonefishgrill.com/
Grilled Swordfish Over Pumpkin Ravioli
4 Each 6 oz. fresh swordfish steak
½ tsp Kosher salt
¼ tsp Freshly ground black pepper
4 TBSP Crumbled feta cheese
16 Each Pumpkin Ravioli
2 qts Boiling water
4 TBSP Butter
1 tsp Shallots, ¼” dice
2 tsp Fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
2 TBSP French’s crispy onions
1 TBSP Chopped parsley
- Season the swordfish steaks with salt and pepper.
- Grill for 60 seconds and flip swordfish over.
- Place 1 TBSP of crumbled feta cheese on top of each steak.
- Move steaks to the coolest part of the grill and cook to an internal temperature of 135˚.
- Remove from the grill and keep warm.
- Place the ravioli into the boiling water and cook following the package instructions.
- Drain the ravioli in a colander.
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Add the shallots and chopped sage leaves; cook until the butter just begins to brown.
- Immediately after the butter begins to brown, add the drained ravioli and toss to coat the pasta.
- Place the ravioli in the center of a large warm pasta serving platter.
- Arrange the swordfish around the outer edges of the pasta.
- Sprinkle the crispy onions and chopped parsley over the pasta and fish.
- Serve with your favorite vegetable side dish.
Honeycrisp Apple Martini
Apple Cinnamon Vodka Infusion (see below) 2 oz.
Ginger Liqueur .50 oz.
100% Apple Juice 2 oz.
Honey .50 oz.
Add all ingredients into a 16-oz pint glass. Add ice until glass is full. Shake 20x vigorously and strain into frozen martini glass. Top with apple slice floating on top. Add a little extra zest of cinnamon on top for a little extra fall flavor!
Secrets to shake it up:
- If you like an extra kick of ginger, muddle a few fresh slices of ginger! Or you can garnish with candied ginger!
- If you enjoy your cocktails a little more on the sweeter side add a little extra honey.
- Adding a splash of lemon juice will help to brighten the fresh apple flavors!
Apple Cinnamon Vodka Infusion
Your Favorite Vodka 1 Liter
Honeycrisp Apples 4 Each
Cinnamon Sticks 3 Each
This infusion is a perfect way to impress your friends at your next Fall Party! Slice up your red apples and add them and your cinnamon sticks to your vodka. Allow to infuse for 24-48 hours. Strain off the fruit and pour into a glass bottle. Or transfer to an infusion jar to showcase at your party!