A New Jersey food company is recalling Aunt Jemima frozen pancakes, waffles and French toast over fears of listeria contamination.
Pinnacle Foods' voluntary recall issued Friday night affects frozen products distributed in the United States and Mexico, but does not include dry mixes and syrups, the company said.
All Best By dates of the following products are included in this recall:
- Hungryman Selects Chicken & Waffles, 16 oz., UPC 65827620290
- Aunt Jemima Cinnamon French Toast, 12.5 oz., UPC 1960005890
- Aunt Jemima French Toast, 12.5 oz., UPC 1960005770
- Aunt Jemima Mini Pancakes, 14.5 oz., UPC 1960005480
- Aunt Jemima Blueberry Pancakes, 14.8 oz., UPC 1960006470
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancakes Low Fat, 14.5 oz., UPC 1960006100
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Pancakes, 14.8 oz., UPC 1960006820
- Aunt Jemima Homestyle Pancakes, 14.8 oz., UPC 1960006910
- Aunt Jemima Blueberry Waffles, 17.18 oz., UPC 1960006220
- Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Waffles, 17.18 oz., UPC 1960006210
- Aunt Jemima Homestyle Waffles, 17.18 oz., UPC 1960006200
The company issued the recall after testing showed the presence of Listeria monocytogenes in the plant environment.
"We are working in coordination with the Food and Drug Administration," Pinnacle Foods said.
Listeria causes serious and at times fatal infections in children, elderly people and those with weakened immune systems. It can also cause miscarriages and stillbirths.
Affected products can be returned to the place of purchase for a refund, the company said.
No incidents of illness have been reported.