RICHMOND, Va - October is National Dessert Month and Marcella Lee, Founder of Broad Appetite Food Blog helped us celebrate a sweet Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie and Butter Pecan Toffee. Broad Appetite is a blog about discovering culture and connecting with others through food. For more information visit www.broadappetite.com.
Wholly Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie
- 1 9" Wholly Gluten Free Pie Shell
- 8 oz. cream cheese softened
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
(This makes enough filling for 2 pie crusts)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix cream cheese and condensed milk together until smooth.
- Stir in the pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Pour batter into pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean. Serve warm.
Butter Pecan Toffee
1 stick butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
20 tea biscuits
Chopped toasted pecans
- Combine 1 stick butter, 3/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until brown (305 degrees F on a candy thermometer).
- Arrange 20 tea biscuits side by side on a large buttered, foil-lined baking sheet.
- Pour the sugar mixture on top and sprinkle with chopped toasted pecans. Chill until firm; break apart.