CHESTERFIELD COUNTY, Va. – Fire crews were on the scene at the 5000 block of Newbys Bridge Road in Chesterfield County for the report of a chimney fire on Saturday.
At approximately 10:45 a.m., a call came in to report the fire. According to Lt. Jason Elmore, public information officer for Chesterfield Fire and EMS, when crews arrived, they found smoke coming from the exterior vent and inside the home. Crews extinguished the fire inside the chimney and some that had spread into the walls and the event was under control within 30 minutes.
According to a witness, police and fire crews blocked off access to the area for nearly two hours.
No injuries were reported. The damage to the home was minor and no one was displaced.