RICHMOND, Va. -- There are so many things to see and do in central Virginia! Each week, our team shares a list of six of their favorite things. The topic always changes, but the goal remains the same – to inspire you to try something new.
This week, we opened the topic up to our Facebook and Instagram friends. We asked YOU what your favorite pandemic-friendly date spot is. Since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, we hope you’ll love these viewers’ suggestions!
1. Picnic RVA – Picnic RVA is your one-stop-shop for charcuterie! They offer a social distance friendly luxury picnic experience in Richmond! Whether it’s for special occasions or just for fun, Picnic RVA has the perfect board to help you celebrate. Thanks to our Instagram friend @thewestendmom for this suggestion!
2. Farmville – Virginia This Morning viewer, Scott, says he and his wife enjoy taking a day date trip to Farmville! After a nice lunch at Charley’s Waterfront Cafe, they head to Amish Originals to browse what’s new.
Website: charleyswaterfront.com and amishoriginals.net
3. Victoria’s Kitchen – Virginia This Morning viewer, Ellen, owns a cooking school called Victoria’s Kitchen. She provides private date night cooking and dining sessions!
4. Fine Creek Provisions – Our Instagram friend @thewestendmom also recommends Fine Creek Provisions and Cafe in Powhatan. The general store offers fresh pastries, coffee, sandwiches and wine – and serves guests staying at the nearby cottages as well as the wider community. You can shop online for curbside pickup and make sure you check out their Valentine’s Day pastry and dessert menu!
5. Bookbinder’s – This next pick comes from our Instagram friend @thesuitedfox. His go-to date spot is Bookbinder’s Seafood and Steakhouse in downtown Richmond. Reservations and masks are required. Bookbinder’s is still accepting orders until Wednesday for Valentine’s Day takeout.
6. Home deck – Who needs to leave home when you have a fantastic set up on the back deck like Virginia This Morning viewers Sharon and David Hall in Glen Allen? They say they keep their “fun lights” up all year. All the need is their portable heater and takeout to have a good time!
Check back next Tuesday when we share another Top 6 Picks list!