RICHMOND, Va. --Lamb can be time consuming and difficult to cook. In this segment. Health food blogger and author, Erika Schlick is here with her simple, easy and delicious recipe for roasted lamb. For more delicious recipes, visit Erika’s website.
Rack of lamb with 6-8 ribs (order grass-fed meat fromButcher Box (discount varies) orUS Wellness Meats (15% off first 2 orders) with code TRAILTOHEALTH)
¼ cup chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tablespoongarlic powder
1 tablespoonolive oil (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)
1 tablespoon butter orcoconut oil
1 teaspoonsea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F (177 C).
2. Stir the rosemary with the thyme, garlic and olive oil until combined.
3. As an optional first step, you can sear the meat before roasting it. In acast iron skillet set over high heat, add the butter or coconut oil to heat through. Once hot, sear the rack of lamb until golden, about 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Transfer the rack of lamb to abaking sheet orroasting pan, bone-side down, and season with the salt. You can cover the exposed rib bones with foil to prevent burning.
5. Press the herb mixture on top of the meat. Roast for 20-25 minutes and then cover with foil and roast for another 15-20 minutes, or until theinside temperature reaches 130 – 140 F (57 – 60 C).
6. Let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes and then carve by slicing between the rib bones.
7. Serve withOven Roasted Carrots, which can be made in the oven at the same time.