RICHMOND, Va. - Fluffy angel food cake, whipped topping, and Butterfingers! What could be better? Mary Rapoport of the Virginia Egg Council shares this fun recipe with us that’s perfect for the whole family to put together. You can find the recipe below and find more ideas on their website.
1 angel food cake (made from scratch, a mix or store-bought*)
8 -12 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed (or 2 cups whipping cream, whipped)
2 to 3 Butterfinger candy bars, crushed in a zip-lock bag
- Brush crumbs off top and sides of angel food cake.
- Slice cake into three layers**. Place the bottom layer on a plate.
- Slather on ½ to 1 inch of whipped topping or cream.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the crushed candy bars on top of the first layer.
- Repeat with the second layer.
- Place the third layer on top and either: spread whipped topping around the sides of the cake OR skip this step and let the layers show through and go to the next step.
- Then place the remaining topping and candy on the top.
- Refrigerate for several hours – this will help the layers stay together when sliced. Refrigerate.
*Serves 8 -12 *