RICHMOND, Va. - One of our fan favorites, Sequoia “Chef CoCo” Ross of Favour Cookie Co. joins us once again to share a delicious eggplant bacon BLT recipe.
Favor Cookie Co. is now in two local grocery stores – Good Foods Grocery and Little House Green Grocery – and is delivering on Saturdays. To place an order, shoot an email to email@example.com. To learn more about Chef CoCo and Favor Cookie Co., visit her website.
Eggplant Bacon BLT
- 4 medium Asian eggplant
- 2 tsp extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 packs of soy sauce
- I T smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 T Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix well with a fork to form a paste.
- Slice the eggplant into thin slices.* On a parchment lined cookie sheet, line your slices.
- When all the slices are complete, rub the marinade paste onto each slice, coating both sides evenly.
- Allow the eggplant to marinate for 20 minutes, room temperature.
- Place the eggplant in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until slightly brown. Turn the strips over after fifteen minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove the strips from the oven and allow to cool.
- Coat a cast iron pan with a thin layer of extra Virgin olive oil. Place over medium heat. Place strips in a pan to flash fry. This process is quick. Be sure not to burn your bacon. Once bacon is crisp remove from the pan. Repeat until all slices are fried.
- Bacon is best eaten hot. Use it for sandwiches, breakfast or snacking! Enjoy!
- Add lettuce, sliced tomatoes, avocado and whole grain bread and you’ve got an awesome BLT!