RICHMOND, Va. - Fridays are for the things we enjoy the most! Today, we are enjoying “Shaynefully Delicious” keto chocolate chip cookies with one of our favorite chefs, Shayne Rogers. She even shared her recipe with us!
- 1 cup Besti Powdered Monk Fruit Allulose Blend
- 1/3 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 2 large Egg whites (at room temperature) - (1/3 cup of egg whites)
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Almond butter
- 1/2 cup Sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Besti, cocoa powder, and sea salt, breaking apart any lumps, until smooth. (Sift if necessary.)
- Whisk in the egg whites and vanilla, until smooth. It will seem very dry at first, but keep stirring with the whisk until it’s smooth and the batter starts to get runny. Stir in the almond butter. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips. The mixture will be thick.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to drop 1 1/2 tablespoons of batter at a time onto the lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. (They will spread during baking.)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the tops are set. They will be slightly sticky and too fragile to move right away.
- Sprinkle with flaky sea salt if desired right when you take the cookies out of the oven (optional).
- Cool completely before moving, to allow cookies to firm up. Then, gently peel the parchment paper away from the bottoms to release.