RICHMOND, Va. - Executive chef Ausar AriAnkh of The Kitchen Magician Catering Co. invites us into his kitchen to enjoy a luxuriously prepared salmon soy ginger salmon with a crunch cashew quinoa salad. To learn more about The Kitchen Magician and how to order delicious meals for you and your family, visit his website, Facebook or Instagram page.
Sesame soy ginger salmon with a crunchy cashew quinoa salad
· 4 six oz pieces of salmon
· 1/4 cup of soy sauce
· 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
· 3 minced garlic cloves
· 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
· 3 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
· ¾ cup uncooked quinoa
· 1 1/2 cups of water
· 2 cups shredded red cabbage, depending on how much crunch you like
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· 1/4 cup diced red onion
· 1 cup shredded carrots
· ½ cup chopped cilantro
· ¼ cup diced green onions
· ½ cup honey roasted cashew halves
· Fresh lime
· ¼ cup all-natural peanut butter
· 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger
· 3 tablespoons soy sauce
· 1 tablespoon honey
· 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
· 1 teaspoon sesame oil
· 1 teaspoon olive oil
· Coconut milk to thin if needed
· 3 avocados diced
1. To cook quinoa: In a medium saucepan, bring 1 ½ cups of water to a boil. Add in quinoa and bring mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low simmer for 15 minutes or until quinoa has absorbed all of the water. Remove from heat and fluff quinoa with fork; place in large bowl and set aside to cool for about 10 minutes. You should have a little over 2 cups of quinoa.
2. To make dressing: Add peanut butter and brown sugar to a medium size saucepan on low heat; Add in ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and both sesame and olive oil and stir until mixture is smooth and creamy. Add coconut milk to thin dressing to desired consistency.
3. Add your dressing to the quinoa.
4. Next fold in red pepper, onion, cabbage, carrots, and cilantro into the quinoa. Garnish with cashews, avocado and green onions. Serve chilled or at room temperature with lime wedges, if desired.
5. Place marinated salmon in medium high sauté pan and sear on each side for 2 minutes. Cook until salmon reaches internal temperature of 145 degrees. Place salmon and salad on a plate of your choice and enjoy!