RICHMOND, Va. --We LOVE when Robin visits us! Friend of the show, Robin Crouch shared her recipe forAvgolemono soup- perfect for your cozy night-in!
- 1 Cup Rice
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Chicken Breasts (bone-in and skin on)
- 2 Stalks of Celery, Diced
- 3 Carrots, Diced
- 1 Medium Onion, Diced
- 1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Eggs Yolks
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- Crusty Bread
- In a saucepan, bring chicken stock to a boil, add 2 cups of rice, and cover. Reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add 2 chicken breasts to a soup pot with enough water to cover the breast. Boil for one hour or until done.
- Remove the chicken from the stock and let cool. Remove the skin, and de-bone the chicken. Cut the chicken into small pieces and put it back in the soup pot to stay warm.
- Saute the diced celery, carrots, and onion in 1 tbsp of olive oil for 15 minutes or until tender. Add sauteed vegetables to the soup pot.
- Add rice and 1 tbsp of better than bouillon to the soup pot.
- In a small bowl, whisk 3 egg yolks and slowly add the juice of one lemon while whisking continuously.
- Take 1/2 cup of stock from the soup pot and slowly add to the eggs while whisking continuously.
- Add the small bowl mixture into the soup pot while stirring slowly.
- Cook until thoroughly heated on medium heat
- Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!!!