RICHMOND, Va. - When we find a recipe as good as this one, we have to share it with all of our friends! Richmond blogger and recipe developer, Dana Miller, shares a french dip sandwich recipe that can be compared to a restaurant-style sandwich...and the best part, it’s made in a slow cooker! For more recipes by Dana, visit her website, Gather Round with Dana.
Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- Slow Cooker
- 2-3 lbs boneless bottom round; You can use chuck roast, but I like a leaner cut
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth, low sodium
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8-12 slices provolone cheese
- The Rustik Oven Sourdough Bread
- Salt and pepper boneless bottom round
- In small batter bowl, mix together beef broth and Worcestershire sauce – set aside
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the meat and sear all sides until each side is browned. Remove meat to cutting board.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add chopped onions to the Dutch oven. Cook for about 3 minutes and then add in garlic using Garlic Press. Then add in half of the beef broth mixture, using a wooden spoon make sure all of the onion and garlic bits are mixed in from the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Turn off heat and move Dutch oven to the Slow Cooker Stand. Add the meat and pour the remaining beef mixture over it.
- Cover the Dutch oven and set the slow cooker to low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Remove the meat from the Dutch oven and thinly slice or shred it.
- Place the fine mesh strainer in the small batter bowl. Carefully pour the juices from the Dutch oven into the strainer – this will be your au jus sauce.
- Slice your rolls, add the meat and slices of cheese. Place in Deluxe Air Fryer on Bake setting for two minutes to melt cheese. Serve with au jus sauce on the side for tipping.