RICHMOND, Va. -- Kale chips are the perfect spring/summer snack. Certified Health Coach Erika Shlick shows us how to create this simple and flavorful snack. For this recipe and more, visit her website.
2 bunches of curly kale, destemmed
3 tablespoonsolive oil (use code TRAILTOHEALTH for 10% off)
1 tablespoongarlic powder
1 tablespoonItalian Seasoning (use this link for $10 off)
1 teaspoonsea salt
3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Truffle oil to taste
2. Tear the Kale into medium size pieces and place in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, garlic, Italian seasoning and sea salt.
4. Pour 1 tablespoon at a time into the kale and massage the oil mixture into the kale leaves and placing them on the parchment lined baking sheets once oild. Continue until all the oil is used up and the kale is coated.
5. Bake for 10 minutes and then flip the kale over and add a few sprinkles of parmesan to ⅓ of the kale leaves. Bake for another 10 minutes until crispy.
6. Remove from the oven and place on a serving dish. For the first 1/3 of kale with parmesan, sprinkle the remaining parmesan on the leaves.
7. The middle section add a bit more sea salt
8. And the remaining section, drizzle with a few drops of truffle oil, making sure not to overdo it.
9. Enjoy as an afternoon snack or appetizer.