RICHMOND, Va. - We loved this eggplant bacon so much that we wanted to share it with you again! We are joined by one of our fan favorites, Sequoia “Chef CoCo” Ross of Favour Cookie Co. to share a delicious eggplant bacon BLT recipe.
Favor Cookie Co. is in two local grocery stores – Good Foods Grocery and Little House Green Grocery – and is delivering on Saturdays. To place an order, shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about Chef CoCo and Favor Cookie Co., visit her website.
Eggplant Bacon BLT
- 4 medium Asian eggplant
- 2 tsp extra Virgin olive oil
- 2 packs of soy sauce
- I T smoked paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 T Garlic powder
- 2 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, smoked paprika, garlic powder, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper. Mix well with a fork to form a paste.
- Slice the eggplant into thin slices.* On a parchment-lined cookie sheet, line your slices.
- When all the slices are complete, rub the marinade paste onto each slice, coating both sides evenly.
- Allow the eggplant to marinate for 20 minutes, room temperature.
- Place the eggplant in the oven and cook for 25-30 minutes or until slightly brown. Turn the strips over after fifteen minutes to ensure even browning.
- Remove the strips from the oven and allow to cool.
- Coat a cast iron pan with a thin layer of extra Virgin olive oil. Place over medium heat. Place strips in a pan to flash fry. This process is quick. Be sure not to burn your bacon. Once the bacon is crisp remove from the pan. Repeat until all slices are fried.
- Bacon is best eaten hot. Use it for sandwiches, breakfast, or snacking! Enjoy!
- Add lettuce, sliced tomatoes, avocado, and whole-grain bread and you’ve got an awesome BLT!