RICHMOND, Va. - Chef Ausar AriAnkh returns virtually to the Virginia This Morning kitchen to share yet another delicious recipe. Today, he walked us through how he makes his southwestern egg omelette from his own kitchen. You can learn more about The Kitchen Magician Catering Company by clicking here.
- 6 eggs lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon of red bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon green bell pepper diced
- 1 tablespoon of jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup black beans
- ¼ cup roasted corn
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 onion diced small
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp. of chopped Chives
- 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley
- ½ cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- Salt & Cracked Black Pepper to taste
- Garnish with sour cream, fried tortilla strips and scallions
- Heat a medium sized non-stick pan on a medium heat with olive oil. Throw in the onions and mushrooms until caramelized. Add the peppers, tomatoes and corn. Sauté for 30 seconds.
- Make sure the pan is well coated with olive oil and then add the eggs top with chives and parsley.
- Rotate the pan to make sure all of the ingredients are covered with eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking, using a rubber spatula, lift the edges of the omelet and rotate pan to allow uncooked eggs on the top to move to the edge of the pan to cook. When there are no more eggs to run off the top of the omelet flip it in the other side.
- Add pepper jack cheese, chives, parsley, salt & fresh cracked black pepper and allow to cook for another20 seconds. Serve opened face or fold over! Garnish with Shredded pepper jack cheese, scallions, avocado, sour cream, and fried tortillas. Enjoy!