RICHMOND, Va. -- The Virginia Workers Compensation Commission (VWC) is closing temporarily after an employee began exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
The VWC said Monday that the employee is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 and is symptomatic as defined by the CDC. The last date of contact with the employee occurred on March 20th. VWC leadership is working closely with the Virginia Department of Health and has made appropriate notifications to VWC employees and others who may have also been exposed.
The Commission will be closed on Tuesday, April 7, until further notice.
Although the Commission’s Clerk’s Office is closed, parties may continue to file documents by fax or WebFile. However, in accordance with Va. Code Sec. 1-210(B) the filing deadline for any item required to be filed with the Commission during the period in which the Clerk’s Office is closed is extended to the next business day on which the Clerk’s Office is open.
The VWC released the following information in regards to filing documents:
- Our Customer Contact Center is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. at 1-877-664-2566
- Employees are teleworking, continuing as many business operations as possible
- Our WebFile system remains operational
- We are working closely with stakeholders to accommodate upcoming hearing and mediation schedules
- Please check our website for important updates