CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- A deadly shooting at the University of Virginia on Sunday night has sent shockwaves through not just the university community, but through the rest of the country.
Three UVA football players, Devin Chandler, D'Sean Perry and Lavel Davis Jr., were killed in the shooting. Two other students, Marlee Morgan and Michael Hollins, were also injured in the shooting.
November 13, 2022
- 22 UVA students and one professor travel by charter bus to Washington D.C. to attend a theater performance. After the play, the group ate dinner before heading back to Charlottesville
- At 10:15 p.m., the charter bus parked at the Culbreth Garage at UVA
- Police say Christopher Darnell Jones Jr. took out a gun and began to fire. Police said that Jones got off the bus and fired more shots before running to his Dodge Durango and driving away
- At 10:39 p.m., UVA sent out an alert asking students and staff to shelter in place
November 14, 2022
- At 12:37 a.m., police identified Jones as the suspect in the shooting
- At 11 a.m., UVA announces that three UVA football players were killed and two other students were injured
- Jones is arrested in the 5700 block of Edgelawn Street in Henrico County after a traffic stop
November 15, 2022
- At 12:31 p.m., Jones is driven to Charlottesville and booked at the regional jail.
November 16, 2022
- At 9 a.m., Jones appears in Albemarle General District Court and the judge orders him to be held without bond
November 17, 2022
- At 10:03 a.m., Virginia State Police announces it will take over the investigation at the request of the university and UVA Police
- At 1:31 p.m., UVA requests an internal review of "the circumstances before, during and after the shooting"
At this time, the investigation is still ongoing. Stay with CBS 6 for the latest updates on this breaking news story.