RICHMOND, Va. -- The Richmond City Council is officially entertaining requests to acquire Confederate Monuments removed from the city earlier this year.
Those interested in acquiring a Confederate Monument are required to write and submit a letter of intent by 5 p.m. on Tuesday, September 8. This includes anyone who may have previously shared or sent interest or intent.
All letters of intent to acquire a Monument are required to include the following:
· Letter of intent to acquire a Civil War Monument identifying specific monuments wished to be acquired
· Contact name/information of requestor
· Name of entity the requestor represents
· Background information on the requesting entity, including reasons for wanting monument
· Disclosure regarding public, private, nonprofit, etc. status and purpose
· Specific proposal/offer to acquire and transport the monument
· Specification as to exact location monument would be placed, if acquired
· Proposed timeline for moving and transporting the monument
Submissions are to be sent to the Richmond City Council Office of the Council Chief of Staff, using the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.