RICHMOND, Va. -- Goodwill stores in Coastal and Central Virginia are beginning to reopen after closing due to COVID-19.
Stores began opening on May 19 and will continue to open in phases over the next several weeks with limited hours from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
Goodwill has released the following protocols that will be implemented to prioritize safety, and encourages shoppers to wear face coverings or masks while shopping.
- All required and preferred safety items are stocked and in place at each location.
- All staff is properly trained on safety policies and will implement safe social distancing measures.
- We encourage all associates, shoppers and donors who are feeling ill to stay home from work and self-isolate.
- All staff will wear a face covering and vinyl gloves while in the workplace.
- We strongly encourage all shoppers and donors to wear a face covering and use “touchless” payments whenever possible to reduce contact.
- We have installed plexiglass shields at the registers, added floor markings to indicate a six-foot separation and will provide hand sanitizer at the front of each store for customer use.
- Dressing rooms will be closed temporarily.
- All common surfaces will be disinfected before opening and every two hours thereafter.
- Individuals visiting a Goodwill location to make a donation of used goods must either place their donations in provided bins or remain in their vehicle while a Goodwill associate assists.
- To allow for a safe social distance, stores are operating at 40 percent capacity.
- Donations are being quarantined for at least 72 hours.
- All upholstered furniture and bedding (pillows, stuffed animals, etc) are being treated per the Virginia Department of Health guidelines.
A full listing of open locations can be found on Goodwill’s website.