RICHMOND, Va. -- Thanks to all who helped pick the Virginia college to win $10,000 in book scholarships from the KLM Scholarship Foundation.
The winning college, Virginia Union University, was celebrated on "Virginia This Morning" on CBS 6.
"This is our 3rd year partnering with WTVR CBS 6 to host this contest and we’re truly excited. It will assist ten deserving college students pay for expensive textbooks and have a widespread impact on higher education in Virginia,” KLM Scholarship Foundation’s Founder Kimberley L. Martin said.
The organization’s 2021 goal is to raise a total of $30,000 and distribute thirty (30) $1,000 book scholarships. One third of that goal will fund the VA $10K Scholarship Giveaway benefiting the winning college.
How Students can Apply:
- Students can apply for the book scholarships May 1 – June 30. The online application will be available on the KLM Foundation’s Facebook Page.
- Then ten $1,000 book scholarships will be awarded to ten students who are attending or planning to attend the winning college.
- Those students will be selected by the foundation’s Scholarship Committee in July of 2021 and scholarships will be distributed during August 2021.
- Graduating high school senior attending the winning 4-year Virginia college or a full-time student at the winning 4-year Virginia college.
- Between the ages of 17-22 years old.
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 or better.
- Must be a United States citizen or hold a permanent resident visa card.