“Sunshine Barbeque Sauce”
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 small bunch green onions, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 small sweet pepper (yellow or orange), diced
4 ribs celery, diced
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
9-12 oz. yellow mustard
8 oz. light brown sugar (or less for a tangy, less sweet sauce)
ground ginger, to taste
1. Place all vegetables on sheet pan.
2. Drizzle with sesame oil and extra virgin olive oil.
3. Roast in oven until tender (about 15 min. at 450F).
4. Whisk mustard, brown sugar, sesame seeds, and ginger.
5. When vegetables are done, combine with mustard mix.
6. Allow to sit at least 30 minutes before use.
1. Season chicken pieces of your choice with salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning.
2. Allow to marinate at least 30 minutes before grilling.
3. Grill chicken until almost done and baste with sauce (at halfway point, chicken can be basted and finished in 350F oven).
4. Once chicken is done (with an internal temperature of 165F for 15 seconds), add additional sauce or enjoy as is!
“Roasted Red Potato Salad”
1 lb. red potatoes
½ to ¾ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup mustard
3 eggs, hard-boiled
¼ cup pickle relish
extra virgin olive oil
‘OOH/WEE/WOW’ (salt, garlic, red/black pepper)
1. Cut potatoes in quarters and place on sheet pan
2. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Roast in 350F oven until tender.
4. Combine mayo, mustard, relish, and two of the chopped eggs.
4. Toss with potatoes and adjust seasoning as needed.
5. Garnish with last egg (sliced or chopped) and a pinch of cayenne pepper for good measure.