NewsLocal News

Actions

Patience Please: 75% of Henrico awaits storm clean-up

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 2:13 PM, Jun 30, 2016
and last updated 2016-06-30 14:13:09-04

HENRICO COUNTY, Va. — Henrico offered and homeowners took advantage.

More than 7,000 people in Henrico signed up to have the county collect limbs knocked off trees during the damaging and powerful June 16 storms. Sign-up for the free storm clean-up ended June 24.

“Crews have worked seven days per week to pick up storm debris at no charge to residents,” a county spokesman said. “A total of 18 crews continue to work methodically across the county, subdivision by subdivision.”

So far storm debris has been cleared from 3,000 Henrico addresses. Some of those collections were not among the 7,000 requests for clean up, making it difficult for the county to know exactly how many more stops clean-up crews have to make.

“At this point, we believe we are about 25 percent complete. The hardest hit neighborhoods appear to be from Interstate 95 west to the Henrico-Goochland line,” the spokesperson said. “We understand that many residents would like to know when crews will reach their neighborhood. Unfortunately, this is not possible. Some neighborhoods have small amounts of debris and can be cleared quickly, while others have substantial amounts and take much longer.”

If you are able to clear the limbs yourself, Henrico residents can take storm-related tree debris to the Springfield Road Landfill or Charles City Road Landfill. Both are open daily from 7:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.