RICHMOND, Va - Aaron Clifton, Managing Partner at Bonefish Grill, made a return visit to the Virginia This Morning kitchen to serve up their signature Salmon with Bacon Butter Jam. For more information you can visit online at http://www.bonefishgrill.com.
Salmon with Bacon Jam Butter
Bonefish Grill Recipe
o Two 7 oz. Salmon Fillets
o Pinch of Sea Salt and Black Pepper, Freshly Cracked
o 2 Spritz of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Spray Bottle)
o 2 TBSP Bacon Jam Butter
o 2 TBSP Crispy Bacon, Fine Chopped
o 2 tsp Pickled Onion
o 2 tsp Fresh Parsley, Fine Chopped
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Spritz a sheet pan with extra virgin olive oil.
3. Season salmon to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Place salmon fillets onto the sheet pan.
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove salmon from the oven and top each fillet with 1 tablespoon of bacon jam butter.
7. Return salmon back into the oven until the butter has started melting and the salmon is cooked through.
8. Transfer salmon to separate plates.
9. Top each fillet with 1 tablespoon of crispy bacon, 1 tsp of pickled onion, and garnish with fresh parsley.
Ingredients for Bacon Jam Butter:
o 1 LB Bacon, Chopped
o 1 Teaspoon Unsalted Butter
o 2 Yellow Onions, Diced (Medium Size)
o 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
o 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
o 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Freshly Ground
o 1/2 Teaspoon Cumin
o 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
o 1/4 Cup Balsamic Vinegar
o 1/4 Cup Water
o 1 Stick Unsalted Butter, Room Temperature (1/4 LB)
Directions for Bacon Jam Butter:
1. Warm a large pot over medium high heat.
2. Place the bacon in the pot and cook for about 10 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
3. Remove the bacon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
4. Reserve the Bacon fat.
5. Place the large pot back onto burner over medium heat.
6. Add the Butter and 1 Tablespoon of the reserved bacon fat.
7. Sauté the onions and sea salt until tender and translucent, 1-2 minutes.
8. Stir in the brown sugar, black pepper, cumin, cayenne, and balsamic vinegar.
9. Add the cooled bacon and water, mix well.
10. Cook until the mixture thickens into a jam, about 10-12 minutes while stirring occasionally.
11. Remove from heat and transfer the bacon jam into a container.
12. Cover the bacon jam and cool in refrigeration.
13. Place one stick of room temperature butter in a mixing bowl.
14. Gently fold in the cooled bacon jam with a rubber spatula.
15. Refrigerate the bacon jam butter until ready to use.