RICHMOND, Va - Allison Carver, LPC, NCC, Owner of A Taste of Therapy, LLC, returned to the Virginia This Morning kitchen with a tasty recipe for Parmesan Pesto Muffins. For more information visit online at http://www.atasteoftherapy.com.
Spring Cleaning with Parmesan Pesto Muffins
When making this recipe with your partner you’ll start that spring cleaning on something very important, your relationship. All the questions below are targeted around major relationship areas that usually are ignored and will cause issues if left unresolved. Make this recipe now and resolve them now. By making this recipe, you’ll find out which area of your relationship needs the most work, and then you can start coming up with solutions to solving those problems once and for all. Clean up your relationship now is better than ignoring it in the long run.
- 3.5 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- ¼ cup (heaped) parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons torn basil leaves
- Two pads of paper and two pens
Go into the kitchen with your partner, gather all ingredients. Decide who is person 1 and person 2. Each will ask each other the question that corresponds with the step. Then the other person will answer that question. Both must answer before you can move on to the next step. Write down the answers you said and your partner said to keep track.
1. Person 1: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large muffin tray. Ask each other the following question: Do we trust each other?
3. e share our lives with one another like true partners?
4. Person 1: Place flour, pesto, parmesan, salt and pepper into a medium bowl. Make a slight well in the center and add the eggs and pour in the milk and butter mixture. Ask each other the following question: Do we know each other’s dreams and know what to do to achieve them this year?
5. Person 2: Very gently, fold through all ingredients and add basil leaves at the end. Ask each other the following question: Do we listen to one another all the time?
6. Person 1: Once well combined, portion the mixture into greased muffin tray and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Ask each other the following question: Do we communicate well: we disagree, talk, listen, compromise, negotiate, and agree?
7. Person 2: While muffins are baking write down these four words on a piece of paper and answer write down YES or NO if you believe you struggle in this area and answer question:
Money: Do we share the same ideas/plans/goals around money?
Work: Do we have a good work/life balance?
8. Person 1: Remove and cool on baking rack. Eat and enjoy your hard work, spring cleaning, and delicious muffins!