RICHMOND,Va - Lisa Raum, RD of the Southeast Dairy Association made a return visit to the studio to share the benefits of following “The DASH Diet.” As National Heart Health month comes to a close, Lisa has some helpful nutrition hints to make sure your heart is in tip top shape. For more information you can visit online at www.southeastdairy.org.
High Protein Breakfast Granola Bites
- 2 cups old-fashioned 5-minute oats
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup whey protein powder
- 1/2 cup dried raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or brown sugar blend, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Nonstick cooking spray
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; beat with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 400°. Line two (12-hole) mini muffin pans with paper liners. Coat liners with cooking spray. Scoop 2 tablespoons of granola mixture into each cup.
Bake on middle oven rack for 12 to15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.