DALLAS -- A woman says she went blind in one eye after catching a flesh-eating bacteria during a mud run event. Brittany Williams told CBS Dallas that she believes some debris cut her eye and the problems started within 24 hours.
"My eye started hurting, like maybe I’ve got mud or some debris in there. When I opened my eye, it was just like white. The whole room was white.” She describes her experience as something out of a horror movie.
“It just completely melted off of my eye," she said.
Williams said there's a chance she could regain vision if she undergoes surgery. However, she no longer has health insurance, so she said some doctors have turned her away. Her family has created a Go Fund Me page to help her.