PETERSBURG, Va. — Petersburg’s Summer Feeding Program will kickoff on Friday, June 22 and run through Saturday, August 15. The program will provide free breakfast and lunch for children up to 18 years old. The USDA’s Summer Food Service Program provides low-income children with nutritious meals when school is not in session. The Program will also provide free meals in Richmond, Henrico, and Chesterfield.
Children can attend any location to receive a free meal, even if they are not enrolled in the summer feeding program. In addition, meal times will vary for each location. The City’s Parks and Leisure program is a feeding site participating under the Virginia Food Bank, serving meals at the following locations:
- Petersburg High School (3101 Johnson Road)
- First Baptist Church (236 Harrison Street)
- Walnut Hill Elementary School (300 W South Blvd)
- AP Hill Community Center (1237 Halifax Street)
- JEB Stuart Elementary School (100 Pleasants Lane)
This summer, USDA will serve more than 200 million free meals to children 18 years and under the Summer Food service Program
Click the map below for additional locations and hours for breakfast and lunch.