Ten nutritionists detailed what they would order from McDonald’s, in a recent article.
- Regular burger with a side salad (swapping fries out for side salad, with a low fat vinaigrette dressing) (around 260 calories)
- Sweet chili chicken wrap (grilled), apple slices and a side salad (around 450-550 calories)
- Four-piece chicken nugget, small fries, apples and a go-gurt (around 638 calories)
- Premium southwest salad (no chicken), Mccafe latte and cuties (350 calories and vegetarian)
- Fruit and maple oatmeal, without the brown sugar (getting the sugar adds 8 teaspoons. Around 280 calories for meal)
- Fries and a small chocolate shake (around 790 calories) (Because “I’d rather get a healthy meal I could savor later, and something quick and enjoyable now.”)
- Bacon ranch salad with grilled chicken, with half of the dressing (around 300 calories)
- Premium southwest salad with grilled chicken (320 calories)
- Premium McWrap southwest –grilled (500 calorie)
- Southwest salad without chicken (under 300 calories)
Most nutritionists probably avoid fast food, but hey, any number of things can pull you towards the Golden Arches; preference, road trip, convenience.
What are your menu hacks? Leave comment on Facebook.