RICHMOND, Va - Local cookbook author Ms. Keyshia stopped by the studio to give a little international flair on a southern favorite with her signature curry fried chicken wings. This flavor-packed chicken is battered in a coconut mild and egg mixture, along with some cayenne, curry powder, and other spices. Keyshia will be signing copies of her cookcook 'Creating Like Keyshia' on Thursday, January 8th from 7pm to 8:30pm at Twin Hickory Library, and on Thursday, January 15th from 7pm to 8:30pm at Dumbarton Library.
Keyshia’s Curried Fried Chicken Wings
5 pounds of whole chicken wings
5 tablespoons of curry powder
8 peeled and crushed garlic cloves
4 teaspoons of cayenne pepper
2 teaspoons of soul food seasoning
1 tablespoon of garlic powder (not salt)
4 large eggs
4 tablespoons of Italian dressing
½ cup of unsweetened coconut milk
4 cups of all-purpose flour
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
1. In baking dish add chicken, Italian dressing, 3 tablespoons of curry powder, garlic powder, and garlic cloves.
2. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Fill Frying pan or Fryer over half way with vegetable oil. Preheat to 350°F.
4. In large bowl mix together flour, remaining curry powder, cayenne powder, soul food seasoning and pepper.
5. In another large bowl mix together eggs and milk.
6. Dip each wing into flour mixture. Then in egg mixture. Then again in flour mixture.
7. Carefully drop wings into fryer/Pan.
8. Fry about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 8 to 10