HENRICO, Va. — One person is displaced after an early morning fired ripped through a Western Henrico Apartment.
Firefighters responded to the 8600 block of Peensbury Place around 2:00 am Saturday morning after reports of flames.
Crews found a small fire in the living room of a downstairs apartment.
Firefighters quickly contained the flames and kept them from spreading and only that apartment sustained fire and smoke damage.
The person living inside and neighbors around them all escaped unharmed.
Investigators believe an overloaded extension cord sparked the fire.
Only one person will be displaced, it is not expected to be long.