NewsNational News

Actions

Dangerous trick in child’s Halloween treat terrifies his mom

Default-Image_1280x720.jpg
Posted at 2:56 PM, Sep 23, 2014
and last updated 2014-09-23 14:56:50-04

LAWRENCE, Kansas — A Kansas mother said she found a needle inside a candy bar she bought for her son. Tamara Powell told KCTV5.com she purchased three Recee’s Pumpkins from a Dillons store Sunday evening. When she opened the candy, she said she could not believe what she saw.

“Luckily, it didn’t stab me in my mouth. I caught it in my teeth,” she said. “In the corner, you can see a little hole in it where it was pushed through. When the police officer looked, he said it could be possibly where it was pushed through.”

Powell handed the candy, the wrapper and her receipt over to police.

“They are going to look at the video and hopefully find somebody. It is just a crazy thing that happened,” Powell said.

Powell said she did not plan to file a lawsuit, but went public with her story to inform other families.

“It is terrifying because it was in there,” she said. “You don’t know what was on that needle. You don’t know how it got in there. You don’t know nothing, and it has been in your mouth.”

Police said the person who put the needle in the candy could be charged with assault.