RICHMOND, Va. – If you would like to help in the search for missing second year student Hannah Graham, volunteers are needed Saturday, Sept. 20.
Local and state emergency officials are seeking volunteers to assist with a mass search for Hannah Graham.
All volunteer searchers are subject to a background check and must register online at helpfindhannah.brmrg.org no later than 5 p.m. Friday.
Anyone who is unable to register online can register in person at John Paul Jones Arena (295 Massie Road in Charlottesville) prior to the 7 p.m. Friday volunteer briefing. Only those who have registered will be permitted to participate in Saturday’s search.
Volunteer searchers must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Carry NO weapons
- Bring a copy of the registration form and driver’s license
- Wear proper footwear and clothing for weather and conditions
- Bring water to stay hydrated
- Indicate on registration if they have previous military and/or search-and-rescue (SAR) experience
- Be physically in shape for walking/searching in up to four-hour periods