RICHMOND, Va - Executive Chef Chris Jewel, of Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, kept it fresh today with a healthy and flavorful grilled shrimp and strawberry salad and spiced pecans. Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at 11800 W. Broad Street in Short Pump Town Center. For more information visit www.firebirdsrestaurants.com/fb/locations/richmond.
Spiced Pecans Recipe
1 pound Pecan pieces
3 TBSP melted butter
1/2 tsp ancho Chile powder
1/3 cup brown sugar
1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and place on a baking sheet in a single layer.
2. Bake at 350* for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
3. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Grilled Shrimp and Strawberry Salad
6 Large Shrimp
Firebirds Steak Seasoning (as needed)
4 cups Mixed Greens
1/3 cup Jicama
1/3 cup Spiced Pecans (recipe follows)
¾ Cup Sliced Strawberries
¼ cup Goat Cheese Crumbles
3 oz. Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing (we make ours in fresh in house and it’s a secret but feel free to use your favorite recipe or store bought version)
1. Clean, devein and remove tails from shrimp
2. Thread skewer with shrimp (if using a wooden skewer, let soak in water for 10 minutes prior to prevent burning on the grill)
3. Sprinkle shrimp with Firebirds Steak Seasoning on both sides
4. Place shrimp skewer on the grill until done (roughly 3 minutes per side) Shrimp should be pink throughout
5. While Shrimp is grilling, toss all salad ingredients together in a large bowl including the balsamic dressing
6. Remove shrimp from grill and skewers, place on top of the salad
7. Serve with on plate with a chilled fork