(CNN) — Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN.
The possible breakthrough came from an analysis of video from a Lord and Taylor department store near the site of the second blast, and video from a Boston TV station helped as well, the official told CNN’s John King.
Authorities have a clear image of someone placing the kind of package authorities are looking for, including clear identification of the possible suspect’s face, the source told King.
Check back with WTVR.com and watch CBS 6 News for the latest on this developing story.
- Leaked FBI photos show Boston bomb evidence
- Condoleezza Rice goes ‘inside’ White House after Boston bombing
- How Richmonders are impacted by Boston Marathon bombings
- Why officials, media wait to declare bombing suspect
- Five viral stories about Boston attacks that are not true
- Third Boston bombing victim identified