RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – The city of Richmond has postponed weekend water valve replacement work that would have cutoff water to areas of downtown Richmond.
The city made the decision to postpone the work due to Sunday’s winter weather forecast and traffic safety concerns.
The city rescheduled the work until the afternoon of Sunday, April 7. According to the city, the following areas are impacted by the water valve replacement work:
- West Broad Street and Mactavish Avenue
- West Broad Street and Highpoint Avenue
- West Broad Street and Summit Avenue
- West Broad Street and Altamont Avenue
- North Sheppard Street from West Broad to Marshall Street
The water valve work originally scheduled for April 7 is now scheduled to happen on April 14.
According to the city, the work will impact:
- 200 to 500 blocks of West Broad
- 3500 and 3600 block of Broad Street
- One block of Henry Street from Broad to Marshall
As a result of the postponement of work this weekend, the work originally scheduled for April 7 will now be postponed until April 14, due to the availability of crews to perform the needed replacements. This includes the 200 to 500 blocks of West Broad, and the 3500 and 3600 block of Broad Street, and one block of Henry Street from Broad to Marshall.