(CBS News/ Steve Chaggaris)–The basic info about Mitt Romney’s new running mate, Rep. Paul Ryan, R-Wis., is easy to find: born in 1970, grew up in Janesville, Wis., graduated from Miami University in Ohio, married Janna, three kids Liza, Charlie and Sam.
But a little more digging reveals some interesting, lesser-known tidbits about the man that could be a heartbeat away from the presidency:
– Ryan is a bowhunter and belongs to his hometown’s archery association, the Janesville Bowmen
– He “does his own skinning and butchering and makes his own Polish sausage and bratwurst,” according to his wedding announcement
– During summers in college, he was a salesman for Oscar Mayer and once drove the company’s Wienermobile
– Fifth-generation Wisconsin native
-Currently lives in Parker Mansion in Janesville’s Courthouse Hill Historic District. His house was previously owned by George Parker II (former president of Parker Pen Co. and former chairman of the Republican Party of Wisconsin)
– In 2010, Ryan led P90X intense fitness routines for fellow lawmakers on Capitol Hill.
– Paul Ryan noodles catfish, a fishing technique popular in the South and Midwest where the animals are caught and pulled from the water with a bare fist down their throats.
– Ryan’s net worth is estimated between $927,100 and $3,207,000 as of 2010 according to the Center for Responsive Politics.