LOUISA COUNTY, Va. (WTVR) – A cooling shelter is open for the weekend in Louisa County because of the extreme heat and power outages.
The shelter is located at the Betty Queen Intergenerational Center located at 522 Industrial Drive in Louisa.
The center will be from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Officials said food will not be provided at the shelter and folks will need to bring their own food, medications and other necessities.
Additionally, county emergency management said they are working to get roads open and trees free from power lines across the county.
- Gov. McDonnell: 6 dead, state of emergency declared after storms
- VDOT works to clear 200+ roads
- Storm damages homes across metro-Richmond
- Home’s roof dangles like laundry from power line
- Deadly storms knock out power to thousands across Virginia
- PHOTOS: Upload your storm photos
- Millions without power as storms pound U.S. following record-setting heat
- Friday evening storm reports
- DOWNLOAD: Severe weather, breaking news apps