Dig With CARE for Homeowners
Are you planning plant a new tree or install a fence? Before you start your next home improvement project, make sure to have your underground utilities marked first.
Many homeowners do not realize they must contact Miss Utility of Virginia by calling 811 or 1-800-552-7001 at least three working days (excluding weekends and legal holidays) before beginning any project that includes excavation work.
Examples of excavation:
- Digging holes for fence posts or a mailbox
- Anchoring supports for decks or swings
- Removing tree roots or grinding tree stumps
- Driving landscaping stakes into the ground
- Installing a retaining wall.
It’s the Law
Even if your project is small, it’s always best to call. Miss Utility is a free service. And it’s the law in Virginia.
For additional information regarding digging safely on your next home project, visit www.call811.com.