DOSWELL, Va. -- Kings Dominion will reopen for Christmas.
The Virginia theme park was unable to open for its spring and summer seasons due to COVID-19. But on December 5, Kings Dominion’s Taste of the Season: An Outdoor Holiday Experience will open for socially-distanced guests.
"The holiday celebration will feature 25 sweet and savory tastings, festive-themed areas, live shows, and 16 popular rides throughout the park," a Kings Dominion spokesperson wrote in an email. "The park has developed stringent health, safety and hygiene protocols, which align with CDC guidance and incorporate information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with state and local government officials to protect guests and associates."
Here are the rules:
- Every guest will need a reservation. Season passholders may reserve dates through our new online system. A reservation will also be tied to every single-day ticket. Tickets must be purchased online in advance.
- A requirement to complete a simple online pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to visiting the park;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear face coverings that cover the nose and mouth. Face coverings may not have exhalation valves or vents.
- Social distancing markers throughout the park, including ride queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitation stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
EAT IT, VIRGINIA serves restaurant news and interviews.