Small businesses unite our Richmond community and help it thrive. That’s why we’re here to support the businesses that make our neighborhoods vibrant and so uniquely Richmond.
Everyone can get involved in supporting local businesses through small and large actions. Here are some ways to help make an impact:
- Shop: You can safely support local Richmond businesses.
- Curbside pickup and delivery: Check out your favorite stores and restaurants to see if they offer curbside pickup or delivery.
- Richmond Night Markets: Attend the virtual Richmond Night Markets, which are taking place Dec. 5 and 6. The Virtual Villages will feature local businesses from different neighborhoods across the city. Register to attend the free, virtual experience featuring live music and shopping with local small businesses. Each night will feature local businesses from different neighborhoods across the city.
- Free parking in Carytown: And, don’t miss free parking in Carytown every Saturday in December, so you can take advantage of quick and easy pickups at your favorite local stores.
- Share: Be a champion for your favorite local business. Encourage your friends and family to choose local, and use your social media platforms to spread the word. Take a photo of your favorite small business product, create a post and tag with @smallunites. Then, tag the small businesses you are highlighting and use #smallunites #RVA. Challenge others to share their favorites and spread the holiday cheer!
- Donate: Consider donating to the Metropolitan Business League Foundation’s We Care RVA Small Business Relief Fund for Richmond-based businesses. Or you can find donation opportunities via smallunites.org through the GoFundMe.org Small Business Relief Fund or the National Urban League’s Entrepreneurship Center Program.
As a founding partner of Small Unites, Capital One is committed to supporting business owners. Small Unites is a national movement and advocacy program designed to rally consumers and communities across the country to champion small businesses.